Welcome! So glad you're here! Don't forget to subscribe so you don't miss anything and read up on my Beginner's Guides HERE!

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Words that Stir Your Heart

Every once in a while I'll come across a song that moves me.

This time around it is the beautifully-written song, Simple Devotion, by Misty Edwards.

Listen to it here:

Sing Along:
Over and over and over and over again
I will stir up my soul to lay hold of You
Over and over and over and over again
I will stir up my soul
To lay hold of that which I cannot comprehend
Over and over and over and over again
Over and over and over and over again

And then I’ll just lean into sovereignty
I’ll embrace a mystery
And I’ll just rest in You
As I bathe in truth
Over and over and over and over again
This is my simple devotion
My walk of faith, day by day
Over and over and over and over again

And then I hear You say
As You gaze over the balcony of heaven
I hear You say as You peer through the lattice of time
I hear You say as You stand in heaven
I hear You say as You rejoice over me
“O Angels! O Angels! Look and see!
Through that dark night of faith
She is gazing at Me!
O Angels! O Angels! Look and see!
Through that cloud of unknowing
She’s gazing at Me!
And You have ravished My heart
My sister, My bride
With one glance of your eye!”
Over and over and over and over again…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I love the lyrics to this song...
"Stirring up my soul to lay hold of You (Jesus)"
"Lean into sovereignty...embrace a mystery...bathe in Truth"

These lyrics serve as a gentle reminder of how God is capable of amazing things, beyond our comprehension. We don't have to understand His works to have faith, to lean on Him, to embrace Him. We just need to rest in Him...

I especially love God's response in this song:

“O Angels! O Angels! Look and see! Through that dark night of faith She is gazing at Me! O Angels! O Angels! Look and see! Through that cloud of unknowing She’s gazing at Me! And You have ravished My heart My sister, My bride With one glance of your eye!”

(Song of Solomon 4:9)
This is how God feels about us! Despite our imperfect, immature hearts He is thrilled to have a relationship with us! He is ravished by us, His children. He loves us so passionately and unconditionally -- no matter where we have been, what we have done --His grace is abundant and everlasting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment