Welcome! So glad you're here! Don't forget to subscribe so you don't miss anything and read up on my Beginner's Guides HERE!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

This week was a Slam Dunk at Fry's!!

I had about $30 left over in our grocery budget from last week so I decided I could spend a little extra at Fry's this week. After all, I am working on creating our full year stockpile for my 1,001 Day project.

With all of the awesome deals at Fry's this week, I knew I could probably do pretty well with $70... Boy, did I ever? I've had jackpot trips before but this one resulted in actual applause from the cashier and two customers (Sorry, sweet customers, for making you wait in line while the cashier patiently scanned ALL my coupons - bless you all!).

I only picked up a few produce items since my friend Carena and I are hitting the Farmer's Market tomorrow, so instead I focused on dinner items, non-perishables, a few things needed for MOPS, and the Mega Event goodies.

I did get whatever I could for FREE, even if I won't use it we can donate it. I had some shortcut ecoupons, ecoupons from cellfire, and all those printables and insert coupons.

Not only did I get all those FREEBIES, I also spotted some St. Ives warming face wash on clearance and, when matched with this $2.00 printable (can print twice), I ended up getting two for $1.49 each. I also scored some Pillsbury pie crusts for .50 and Horizon single milks for FREE after clearance price + double coupons. (Good thing I ordered lots of those coupons from The Coupon Master).

After all was said and done, my total came to $64.17 and I saved a whopping $138.26! About $67.00 of that savings was from coupons alone, the rest were VIP savings.

If that doesn't convince you to start couponing, I'm not sure what will. :) To be completely honest, I don't always save 69% -- it usually ranges from 30 - 75%. Every penny counts though and with every bit of savings I feel more confident that we'll be better off.

My New Year's Coupon Resolutions:

1. Have the coupons I am planning on using already pulled when I get to the store
2. Mail expired coupons to the Overseas Coupon Program

Do you have any coupon resolutions or handy tips for staying super coupon-organized? Please share them below so all who are new to couponing can be inspired. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment