Welcome! So glad you're here! Don't forget to subscribe so you don't miss anything and read up on my Beginner's Guides HERE!

Monday, July 6, 2009

A New Recipe for You (with Coupons, of course!)

{Cheesecake Factory's Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes}

One of my favorite recipes is this Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes knock-off recipe from The Cheesecake Factory! At first glance it looks complicated, but truthfully it's not. Even without all the sauces (but they are de-lish), the little Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes are fantastic by themselves! Mine never look like the picture above, but I usually go a little lighter on the sauce.

I make these in bite-size patties and I make a TON! This way they can be frozen and thawed as appetizers, side dishes, snacks, or desserts (with agave nectar or honey, mmmm!).

We're going to be having a Mexican Fiesta next week to celebrate my mom and brother's birthdays and these are definitely on my menu!

As always in my pre-party planning stage, I search for coupons I can use and build my pantry a couple weeks before. I was happy to find this $1/2 off Masa Corn Flour and this $1/2 off Selecta tortilla mix coupon too! The corn flour is used to make the little tamale cakes and runs around $2 for a 2lb. bag. and is found with the other flour in the baking aisle.

Let me know if you make these! :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks a bundle - this is exactly the kind of thing that my family will enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good, I'm sure you'll love it Cherry picker! Let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete