Welcome! So glad you're here! Don't forget to subscribe so you don't miss anything and read up on my Beginner's Guides HERE!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Best Gluten-free Pancake Mix (and it's on sale!)

Last night we did breakfast-for-dinner since we're all about the soft foods for Ellie!  I whipped up some scrambled eggs and some of the most delicious pancakes that I just had to tell you about! 

Not only were they super fluffy (a little more dense than your usual pancake) but they were GLUTEN-FREE!  Whether you've been diagnoses with Celiac or not,  sometimes laying off the gluten isn't a bad thing. I can definitely feel the gut-ache if I eat too much gluten, so we're trying to go with different options.

I used an entire bag of Bob's Red Mill Gluten-free pancake mix, added some frozen blueberries and whipped up about 40 mini-pancakes on the griddle.  (LOVE freezer pancakes!!)

We were very surprised by how much we liked these and my hubby even said he thought they were better than "regular" pancakes. 
Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Pancake Mix, 22-Ounce Packages (Pack of 4)
 
So, I hopped over to Amazon where I discovered that my new fave pancake mix is on sale AND is eligible for a Subscribe and Save discount AND eligible for FREE shipping on orders over $25.  Score! I haven't even been able to find these bags in the store for less than $5 a piece, so to get 4 delivered to my door for $12.39 makes me thrilled. (That's like 160 silver-dollar pancakes!)

You can go HERE to read the reviews and check it out - but, really, they are YUM!

Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix, 16-Ounce Bags (Pack of 4)By the way, if you are doing gluten-free and want a really good pizza crust mix -- try Bob's GF Pizza Crust pack of 4 (only $10.44 after Sub./Save for 4 packages!).


Do you have gluten-free products or recipes you just love??  Please share them - I'm curious to try more!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Just came across this post http://www.sweetopia.net/2010/03/gluten-free-decorated-cookies/ while I was blog surfing. It's for gluten-free decorated cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel really lucky to have Bob's Red Mill headquarters right down the road from where I live! And Dave's Killer Bread across the street from them. That road is like bakery HEAVEN. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, Amy! Those cookies actually look really good. Now, if only I could decorate the like that! lol I'll have to try them- thx for the link!!

    Charlie, I'm so envious! Bet you can get some pretty sweet deals being so close, huh?

    ReplyDelete