Welcome! So glad you're here! Don't forget to subscribe so you don't miss anything and read up on my Beginner's Guides HERE!

Monday, June 14, 2010

Fun Printable Grocery Lapbook for Tots

This past year we have been busy doing homeschool/preschool.  We have accomplished so much, learned so much and we've had TONS of fun!  One of my favorite activities to do with the kiddos has been to create lapbooks -- We did one for each letter.  They are so easy to make and a great tool for the kids to keep reinforcing what we've learned!  You, basically, use a file folder and glue in various activities to cover different skills.  (See how to fold them here.)

Anyway, I stumbled upon a new lapbook on one of my favorite sites (Homeschool Share) that I thought would be fun to share over here.... a GROCERY lapbook!  This one is geared towards preschool/early Elem. and covers lots of skills.  What I love most about it is that you (and your tot) can create it, keep it in the car, and take it along to the grocery store to keep them busy!!! ;)

This Grocery lapbook would be a fun summer activity and includes printable play money, COUPONS, food groups, sorting colors/shapes, songs and more!  It's adorable -- and you can choose what you want to print and add to your lapbook.  For instance, you may feel the shapes are too juvenile for your child so you can leave them out. 

Here are a couple of pics of the completed lapbook to give you an idea:



Go HERE to Homeschool Share to view all the printable pages -- and look around because they have a LOT of great lapbook printables (all for FREE)!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I am going to get serious this year with homeschooling my preschooler too. Love the lab book idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I can't wait to put it together for my rising K daughter this summer. She loves to help me cut coupons and likes to pick out some of the fun expired ones to use.

    ReplyDelete