Welcome! So glad you're here! Don't forget to subscribe so you don't miss anything and read up on my Beginner's Guides HERE!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

{recipe of the week} Crockpot Chocolate Cake


I lurve my crockpot.  Crockpot Chicken.  Crockpot Soup.  Crockpot Applesauce.  Crockpot this, crockpot that. 

And as much as my crockpot and I have hung together, I have never ever made a cake in it!  Have you?

I was seriously intrigued by this Crockpot Chocolate Cake recipe and, since I had all the easy ingredients on hand, I decided to surprise my family with a warm dessert even though there was a teensy part of my that thought this would be a flop.  It was so NOT a flop -- it was rich and very moist!  It reminded me of those yummy little Molten Lava Cakes, which have a special place in my heart.

This is definitely a keeper for me -- tasty and EASY! Love that.

Ingredients:
  • 1 box chocolate cake mix
  • 8 oz sour cream
  • 1 pkg instant chocolate pudding
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 4 eggs
  • 3/4 cup oil
  • 1 cup water
Directions:

Mix all ingredients together. Pour into lightly greased 5qt crock pot. Cover.  Cook 6-8 hours on low (you could also cook 3-4 hours on high but I did that and the bottom burned a bit.  Serve with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, hot fudge (or be good and eat all warm by itself).

2 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious and easy! I bet it would be great with lemon cake mix and lemon pudding...like a lemon lava cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Dee - I'll have to try it with Lemon! That sounds great! Maybe Red Velvet Cake mix too! :)

    ReplyDelete