Welcome! So glad you're here! Don't forget to subscribe so you don't miss anything and read up on my Beginner's Guides HERE!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Homemade Produce Wash


I have been using BioKleen Produce Wash for a while now since the bottle lasts for so long. While I really love it and will likely pick up another bottle using this $1 off coupon from Mambo Sprouts, I decided to test out different "recipes" for making my own produce wash.

The ingredients listed in BioKleen's formula are: Lime extracts, grapefruit seed and pulp extracts, surfactants from coconut and/or corn, cold pressed orange oil and filtered water.

Here's the winner of the homemade versions I found:

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon baking soda
  • 20 drops grapefruit seed extract (You can find this in your healthy food store. It's natural and known for its antibacterial properties.)
Directions:
  1. Mix all ingredients together in a deep pitcher; it will bubble and fizz.
  2. Pour into a spray bottle.
  3. Spray on fruits and or vegetables and allow to sit for 5 or 10 minutes before rinsing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment