Welcome! So glad you're here! Don't forget to subscribe so you don't miss anything and read up on my Beginner's Guides HERE!

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Gone Fishin'

Well, we are (finally) heading out for our much anticipated trip to Wisconsin. Every year we go to visit my dad and step-mom at their cabin in Hayward, spending the entire time relaxing, visiting, fishing... it's heaven.

This year we are staying just shy of 3 weeks but don't worry, I'll continue to post as I have time. Posts may be slightly less frequent but I'll do my best (thanks for your understanding!). I'll still (try to) post the grocery deals, drugstore deals, etc. but since I'll have to grab the ads online and I'll be dealing with a time change, they may come trickling in slower than usual. The only posts I won't be doing are the Weekly Menus because we mainly eat the fish we catch and the vegetables we grow. You can check out all my past menus, though, HERE if you're itching for ideas. ;)

On a personal note, spending the summer fishing with my dad (especially this year) is one of my most treasured memories. This man is incredible! I simply adore him, I admire his strength, and I stand in awe at his faith and perseverance during his 17+year-long battle with cancer. As his illness continues to grow rapidly and his body is put to the test, my dad continues to fight. You would never, ever know he has Stage 3 Prostate & Bladder cancer although it has been a very bumpy road. We, of course, are always concerned for his well-being and he, as usual, does everything to make sure everyone around him is cared for. I truly believe my daughter thinks he is a superhero and there is not one other person on this Earth that makes her heart swell like it does when she sees Grandpa... I know the feeling well. He is an inspiration and has always been my hero. I love you with my entire big girl heart, Dad -- forever & ever & always! We're on our way...

{By the way, my dad is the absolute best fisherman around-- taught me everything I know. :) I'll post some vacation pics when we get back!}

Hugs y'all,

Rachael

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy it Rachael! I just moved not too far from there and still am in awe!
    I am happy that you have a relationship like that with your father. I, myself, have never known that. Enjoy and savor each and every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to thank you for this site.........I have found the coupons so useful and the savings amazing! I enjoy getting my daily specials! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful trip! I wish the very best in your dad's fight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much!! So far we are having a blast -- it's about 50 degrees cooler than what we're used to. LOL Quite a change!

    ReplyDelete