Welcome! So glad you're here! Don't forget to subscribe so you don't miss anything and read up on my Beginner's Guides HERE!

Friday, July 31, 2009

Recipe of the Week: Black Bean Salad

This week's recipe highlight is Food Network's Black Bean Salad (by Guy Fieri).

This is one of those recipes that is so stinkin' simple, so healthy and so tasty -- it's a no-brainer to keep a bowl of this in the fridge. I like to double (or triple) this recipe and snack on it or use it up in a quick burrito or as a topping for a salad. It also makes the perfect potluck addition since you can whip it up the night before, let it "marry" overnight and savor all those great flavors the next day. It's one of those dishes that gets better the longer it sits. My entire family LOVES this salad... it's that good.

Ingredients

  • 2 cans black beans, drained, about 30 ounces
  • 1 (15-ounce) can corn, drained (I use fresh when in season)
  • 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
  • 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
  • 1/4 cup diced red onion
  • 1/4 cup diced green onions
  • 1/4 cup diced pineapple
  • 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
  • 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced (I leave this out sometimes)
  • 4 tablespoons sherry vinegar (I use red wine vinegar)
  • Juice of 1/2 lime
  • 3 tablespoons honey
  • 1 tablespoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • Pinch of ground cumin

Directions

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.

(I love those instructions, lol.)

2 comments:

  1. Drooling...drooling...

    I think this needs to be added to our meal plan this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Katie. You have to try this one. It tastes a tad sweet, tangy, crunchy, chewy... all the good senses. Let me know if you try it. :)

    ReplyDelete