Welcome! So glad you're here! Don't forget to subscribe so you don't miss anything and read up on my Beginner's Guides HERE!

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My Shopping Loot This Week

I get so many emails from readers asking me to post pictures of recent shopping trips and it seems, as much as I always try to remember, that the photo opp doesn't always happen. Usually I am struggling to even get the groceries inside (out from the 110-degree heat), keep an eye on my toddler, keep another eye on my barking dog so neither of them goes out the door -- needless to say, I don't always remember.

Well, I remembered (finally) and found my missing cord for my camera so I am finally able to upload a picture of round #2 at the Fry's Mega Savings Event (ends today). Sorry the picture isn't the best quality, not sure what's going on there...

The first round (no picture) included many of the great sale items but mostly a load of organic produce, milk, eggs, dinner fixin's, etc. I ended spending about $52 last week and have a lot of produce left over still and staples.

So, this week was just picking up a few odds and ends to get us through another week and a half. I still have a fridge, freezer, and pantry FULL but I wanted to pick up some snacks for Hubby to take to work.

As you can see, I got some soymilk, organic milk, organic grapes & apples, spinach, portabellas, eggs (not pictured), organic whole grain bread (not pictured) in addition to the snack items, Wanchai ferry dinner kit, OJ, Annie's nmac & cheese, frozen veggies, a few other markdowns and loads of yogurt!

I also found a Reynold's Handi-Vac System clearanced to $2.49 which paired nicely with the $1 off coupon they sent me a long time again (Amen for no exp. date Qs!). I was happy to spend $1.49 on that since it normally sells for around $7-$14.

After all was said and done (and the poor cashier scanned all my coupons), I paid $31.24 out of pocket. I saved $107.20 -- 77%!! I also got back a $3.50 off your next shopping order from buying fruit snacks. I got a $2.50 off the previous week but forgot to give it to my cashier... that would have put my total this week at $28.75 (oh well, I'm over it!). All these fruit snacks will go to the trick-or-treaters along with the yummy earth lollipops!

So, that's it on the groceries this week. How'd you do? Tell us about your shopping trip by leaving a linky to your blog below.

P.S. I promise to try and get better about posting pictures. After I drove home, took the picture and started taking stuff to the outside freezer I realized it was almost thawed.... ACK! maybe I just need to move quicker! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow you saved a lot of money. I need to pay more attention to what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete