Welcome! So glad you're here! Don't forget to subscribe so you don't miss anything and read up on my Beginner's Guides HERE!

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Recipe of the Week: Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

My friend Becca and I were just discussing the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins she tried, and I couldn't stop thinking about them all week... plus, I still had a huge pumpkin that needed to be pureed so what better timing!

After a little tweaking of the recipe, Lil' One and I put on our aprons and whipped up about 48 mini, delicious (and healthy!) Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins. My husband doesn't care for pumpkin and he couldn't resist. My dad raved. My daughter gobbled. And I made sure this recipe made it into my collection. Moist, pumpkin-y, cinnamon-y, chocolate-y....It was a keeper, for sure.

Like I said, I made a few adjustments...

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

4 eggs (I used 2 eggs and 2T. flax seed w/water)
2 cups sugar (I used 1 c. sugar and 2/3 c. agave nectar)
1 (16 oz.) can pureed pumpkin (I used 2 c. fresh pumpkin puree)
1 1/2 cups oil (I used 1/2 c. oil and 1 c. applesauce)
3 cups flour (I used 2 c. wheat and 1 c. white)
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I used 1TB., maybe more... I don't remember. Love the stuff!!)
1 teaspoon salt
1 package chocolate chips (I used mini-chocolate chips)

In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and oil until smooth. Add in dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake 16-20 minutes at 400 degrees. Makes 24-30 muffins.

Since I made mini-muffins (no liners), I baked for about 10-12 minutes a batch, and I got about 48 muffins.

P.S. If you haven't tried the Cinnamon Squash Muffins, do it!


(Thanks to Becca and MoneySavingMom!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment