Welcome! So glad you're here! Don't forget to subscribe so you don't miss anything and read up on my Beginner's Guides HERE!

Thursday, July 29, 2010

{tip} Freezer Peanut Butter and Jelly

I almost feel ridiculous posting this "recipe," but with school just around the corner, it's an important tip to share.

Everyone has their favorite way of making a PB&J... you don't need instructions for that.  We like Organic, No Sugar Peanut Butter from Costco (seriously, the BEST stuff ever!) and Organic Strawberry Jam (also from Costco).  For our bread, we use an 100% organic whole wheat made from a local bakery (also sold in Costco).

It's pretty obvious we love Costco.

Anyway, I smear both sides of the bread with peanut butter and spread jelly on just one side... smoosh together and, voilĂ , the perfect PB & J.

But make it your way.

OK, so here's where it gets crafty...

I make about 20 sandwiches at once, place each in a small freezer bag, and stack in the freezer.  On the way out the door in the morning, Hubs grabs one to take to work.  During the morning, the sandwich defrosts perfectly (without any sogginess) and tastes like you just made it!

Totally not rocket science, but an "AH-HA" moment for us... :)

These are something the kids could make themselves, bag up, and add to their lunches!

Have a quick, lunch tip to share?  Please let me know so I can share!

8 comments:

  1. I never would of thought to freeze these. Thanks, I'm going to get a bunch ready for school. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a quick breakfast tip. I premake pancake and wrap them in saran wrap-i do stacks of three, they're not very big and freeze them. In the morning all my kids have to do is unwrap and microwave for one minute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have never thought of freezing PB&J sandwiches ---thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do the SAME THING!! But I use the Pampered Chef sandwich maker to "seal" everything in

    http://thelonggirls.blogspot.com/2010/04/homemade-uncrustables.html

    We love these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that tip and I love the fact that you told me about the costco PB... sweet! I can't wait to try it! I also LOVE the Pampered Chef cut and seal it works great and it make the uncrustables so much cheaper then smuckers....:) He, he, he...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tip, Rose! Girls, I am sooo going to order the Pampered Chef cut and seal now! No more jelly spewing out the sides! Also, that natural PB is a little more runny (the only downfall).

    ReplyDelete